Float On It: A Creative Community

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Rising: Barriers Now Bridges



Barriers Now Bridges
Article by Ryan Bartolomei

Do you ever go searching for new music through myspace coming upon hundreds of shitty bands the worship the same fucking music gods? It's fucked up. I say do more than worship them and become one yourself. I go through so many bands on a daily basis looking for a band that I know I would enjoy listening to as well as other people. So I took a dive into the myspace files and picked out this band called Barriers Now Bridges.

This is one of those few small bands that stood out to me as being able to pop out of the small scene and end up plastering people right in the fucking face with their music. Strait out of Port Saint Lucie, Florida BNB brings Hardcore and Punk rock in a fused together punch to the jaw. Strait up shit that makes you want to get up and just throw a fist. Their sound is unique and yet I know so many of you would say is cleeshay. Well fuck that, its strait up hardcore punk. It sort of reminds me of Stretch Arm Strong in a way but the older stretch has more of hit and run type of attitude. At least on me. BNB brings out a good energetic side that I'm sure more people would enjoy if people went searching through bands as much as I do. There not like that hardcore shit like Bury Your Dead but they still know how to play a good song and I can only imagine a good show.

This 5 piece hardcore punk band is sure to be heading somewhere in the right direction. All I can say it watch these guys because they'll hopefully be heading out to your area to bring their music and a guaranteed good fucking time.

Out on Goodbye Blue Skies Records
www.myspace.com/barriersnowbridges